Technische Universität München TUM
The Technische Universität München (TUM) was founded in 1868 and is located at three campuses in Munich City, Garching and Weihenstephan (both outside the city), as well as the sports department in the Olympic Park and the medical department in the Klinikum rechts der Isar. In total, the TUM has around 500 professors and 10.000 staff members distributed over 13 departments.
In the winter semester 2014, around 38.000 students have been enrolled at the TUM, studying in 154 different programs. Students who graduate from a Master program have the opportunity to get a member of the TUM Graduate School and stay at the TUM for some years to do research in various interesting fields.
Within the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Surveying, the TUM provides 5 different study programs in the field of geodesy. Those are:
- Geodäsie and Geoinformation (German, BSc)
- Geodäsie and Geoinformation (German, MSc, consecutive to the BSc Geodesy program)
- Earth Oriented Space Science and Technology (English, ESPACE, MSc)
- Landmanagement and Land tenure (English, MSc)
- Cartography (English, MSc)